Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSV on cylinder?

Options
  • 01-11-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,050 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

so my plumber today mentioned that we should have a valve on the output pipe from the cylinder coil to improve the performance of the cylinder.

system is very old, single zone and was just changed to a closed loop system.

We have noticed that while the rads get very hot, it takes an age for the cylinder to heat up and even then there is no much hot water compared to what you will get after 30 mins on the immersion.

anything I have read about a valve here seems to be when the cylinder is stealing all the water from the rads...but I seem to have the opposite issue.
    Cylinder isnt new, but isnt ancient either, its pre-insulated so probably ~10-15 years old.

Any advice?

Cheers!

Advertisement