Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intergas Boiler repair in Drogheda

Options
  • 31-10-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an Intergas Boiler which will start but fail quickly with an error code of 5.
    Resetting it used to get it going but even that isn't working so I suspect something needs to be looked at.
    I'm having trouble getting someone with knowledge of Intergas boilers locally.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

You can contact Joule 01-6237080 (ask for Andy Donnelly) and he will direct you to a service agent.

Its a poor flame signal, usually on these boilers its one of 3 things:

1) Sensing electrode needs cleaning
    2) or replacing
    3) on older models the spark generator may need replacing

All the above require an RGI to carry out the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Willywally

Have you tried Barry Moloney in Julianstown

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Does he service/repair Intergas boilers? Can't find any details for him when I do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Willywally

Not sure i just see his van around Drogheda alot. I know he took over his father’s business not so long ago so might be worth a call. Another lad is Jason Fahy in monasterboice

Thats why I suggested contacting Joule (they are Intergas agents) and would direct you to someone familiar with the intergas boilers.

Always found a lot of engineers shying away from them, but they are fantastic bits of kit.

• Advertisement

That's my problem, the minute I mention Intergas they tend to be less enthusiastic. Have had it looked at by someone who said they were experienced but when he serviced it, he barely looked at it. He got it working but it still faulted every now and then. So this time I'd like to get some one with prior experience.

Yeah, for some reason they don't seem to get this boiler.
    It's very straight forward, and I have given you the 3 possible faults causing your issue above and a contact for the agent (did you try them yet?)

Rang, left a message asking for a call back but have yet to hear back.

PMed you a number

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

cerbeus wrote: »
    Rang, left a message asking for a call back but have yet to hear back.
    Did you get boiler issue resolved?
    I am looking at having intergas boiler installed, I am also in Drogheda. Just a bit wary of there is minimal support for the boilers.

• Advertisement

No I have haven't been able to get my Intergas boiler repaired.

No I have haven't been able to get my Intergas boiler repaired.
    Holy sh!t, I was about to pull the trigger on Intergas boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bmc58

Mylow wrote: »
    Holy sh!t, I was about to pull the trigger on Intergas boiler.

Better put the safety on that cannon,for now.

I bought the boiler as it was pitched to me as a very easy to maintain unit. The crew who installed it went bust a year later. Managed to get it serviced but only by people who admitted to not knowing too much about the brand.

Unfortunately not having much luck getting it repaired which leads me unable to recommend it purely based on the lack of popularity of the Intergas brand in Ireland. I've even contacted the appointed resellers Joule based in Dublin but they never even returned my calls. :mad:

And what i really don't understand is, they are very reliable appliances, great boilers IMHO, and very easy to service and maintain, never understood why gas service engineers shy away from them.

Sad thing is guys, when I was on my tools, I did a good bit of serving in Drogheda....

DGOBS wrote: »
    And what i really don't understand is, they are very reliable appliances, great boilers IMHO, and very easy to service and maintain, never understood why gas service engineers shy away from them.

Sad thing is guys, when I was on my tools, I did a good bit of serving in Drogheda....
    Could you PM me the contact you referred to earlier in the thread? TIA

Done

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Hope you have better luck than I did.
    No, I already spoke with him on Monday, said he would get back to me, I rang again, no response.

I never even spoke to the chap. But I was only looking for information in the form of people who had experience with the Intergas model that I have in order to get it repaired. I would have thought that you being interested in an install of a brand that they are meant to be the main agents for in Ireland, would have gotten a better response.

• Advertisement

Did you manage to get it fixed in the end?

Nope.

So annoying, as its a pretty simple fault to get fixed!!
    Apologies that I am no longer on my tools and able to assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 William_Flynn

Just in case anyone reading this thread want's to know an Intergas installer who is happy to maintain them:

MOD SNIP Posting details in that manner isn't allowed. Perhaps you'd allow people interested to contact you by PM?

Advertisement