Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TVs can take Virgin Media cable/signal directly?

Options
  • 31-10-2019 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'd like to install a TV in the kitchen and we have a Virgin access point on the wall there.
    However, I don't want another Horizon box, especially in the kitchen.

Can you please let me know what TVs can take the Virgin coaxial cable/signal directly from the wall access point?

What type of tuner does it need to have? (D4, etc...)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

I'd like to install a TV in the kitchen and we have a Virgin access point on the wall there.

Can you please let me know what TVs can take the Virgin coaxial cable/signal directly from the wall access point?

Thank you.

No TV will be able to decrypt the scrambled services. There are only one or two services that you view if you have a dvb-c tuner on your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

highdef wrote: »
    No TV will be able to decrypt the scrambled services. There are only one or two services that you view if you have a dvb-c tuner on your TV.

Oh, that's bad.. Thanks in any case.

Do you know about a tiny "stick type" solution that'll give me the usual TV channels?
    Is NowTV any good or any other recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you.
    If your TV has a Saorview tuner (Google model number) an indoor aerial may get you Irish channels, RTÉ, VM, TG4, an outdoor aerial is recommended. If your TV does not have a Saorview tuner a Saorview box and aerial should get you the same channels.

Advertisement