Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

XENO CRISIS - new megadrive game

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 33,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

The Switch version is on the eShop now for €17.99, thinking of splurging.
    That or get the physical version, though that will be far more expensive, naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭ Lemming

Decisions decisions; black case or the blue border case? ...

Nice to see there's also a Dreamcast version available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 33,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

I just had a chit chat on FB messenger with the developers.
    Seemed very happy to engage, although they didn't answer the question "Is the Switch version a port of the NeoGeo game?"
    They did say that the Neo Geo version is going to have a whole host of enhancements over the Megadrive one, might be time for me to buy a Neo Geo mobo once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,744 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

Don't forget the 200 gbp to save up for the Neo Geo copy too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ Chris_Heilong

I ended up buying it on the megadrive, they send you a rom version also with the purchase.

• Advertisement

Just bought it for the Switch, it's lovely.
    Might see how it works on the cab, as a Megadrive game, with the controls mapped to the two sticks... Reckon it might be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭ geotrig

I was tempted to order it for mvs a while back but something that i just cant remember put me off ,maybe it was due to it being left to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭ Tom Mann Centuria

Backed it on kickstarter for Switch, was only 12 euro at that time, so a few quid saved, at least until the price eventually/inevitably drops.

Good fun the few minutes I've had to play on it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭ Inviere

Thought I'd give this a quick bash this evening. It's far far better than I was expecting.

Looks absolutely gorgeous, the colours in the cut scenes are beyond lovely. Kind of wish I'd gone for this over Ultracore.

IMG-20191104-230603440.jpg[/url]

• Advertisement

Looking forward to mine turning up in the post now (well, more so than I already was). Did you guys back it via kickstarter or order it after the fact? If after the fact, how long was it between ordering and postage/delivery?

Lemming wrote: »
    Looking forward to mine turning up in the post now (well, more so than I already was). Did you guys back it via kickstarter or order it after the fact? If after the fact, how long was it between ordering and postage/delivery?
    I ordered about 2 months ago and still waiting on shipment. My order is in the second batch I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ Chris_Heilong

I it a great game, feels completely professional quality, it is also hard which is good in my book.

I ordered about 2 months ago and still waiting on shipment. My order is in the second batch I think

Where/how did you find out about batches? I got two emails; one for the order which just says that an email will be sent when the order is ready, and the other a download link for the roms - apparently I get to download those up to five times in addition to the physical copies which is a nice touch.

Think I saw it on Sega-16 that all the kickstarter stuff is getting sent out first and preorders after that's done. There was no dates specified though afaik

So,
    I have it now running on my cab, via Retropie, looks amazing on it too.
    It took a while to get the thing to recognise the button config on the cab but now it is working as it should, the 1p side of CP acting as a six button controller.

The challenge now is to somehow figure out how to get the 2p stick to act as the genesis button inputs.

I'm sure there is a way, I have a feeling I'm going to have to edit the actual retroarch game specific code to do it.

More research needed!

edit: I've thrown it onto the retropie forum, in case someone has an idea there

I think, for proper twin stick action with this game, I'm going to have to wait for a dump of the Neo Geo version, whenever that is released.
    At least, then, I will be able to run it in MAME and map the button inputs onto the 2p stick, then the game should shine.

Got my Megadrive copy in the post today. Gave it a bit of a go earlier; and enjoying it thus far. It's hard, even on easy mode. Graphics are well polished, as are the box & manual, and the soundtrack is sublime. Looking forward to the Dreamcast version whenever it ships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭ Achilles Thundering Roadblock

o1s1n wrote: »
    Thought I'd give this a quick bash this evening. It's far far better than I was expecting.

Looks absolutely gorgeous, the colours in the cut scenes are beyond lovely. Kind of wish I'd gone for this over Ultracore.

IMG-20191104-230603440.jpg[/url]

Are those Sony Triniton’s?

Looking forward to the NeoGeo version being released and, hopefully, the .bin being offered for sale.

• Advertisement

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Are those Sony Triniton’s?

Yep, one is a PVML4 and the other is a BVM2016p

Advertisement