Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carbon fibre Ford badge?

• 29-10-2019 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, brand new to this, maybe someone here can help me. I have searched the internet for a carbon fibre ford badge for the rear door of a 07-09 ford transit and can't find one anywhere. I've asked a few auto shop owners and the general consensus is that they do exist. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from Northwest to Motors forum where you will probably get more responses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit-Badge-2067832/202652110322?hash=item2f2f01cdf2:g:92kAAOSwfztbWbYW

something like that ?

ebay has tons of similar etc ones even where custom ones can be made, look at ford badges or letters someone does drop them pm and most likely they will be able to make and ship one, the above is a bit expensive but depending on type they can be as little as few euro, coming from china.

if its actual ford badge look for the gel one, makes not much difference really and cost wise will save a lot.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit-Connect-Rear-Door-Badge-115MM-x-45MM-Blue-Chrome-Fiesta-Mondeo-Van/303305761460?hash=item469e6ea2b4:g:pBYAAOSwZapdXpeU

also any scrap places would prob have few attached around fords, if want OEM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ash36

Yes it's just the ford badge. Got a reply from a graphics company in UK that make gel ones but am not totally sure what they are as opposed to proper carbon fibre ones. Will give eBay a trawl through again, thank for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Ash36 wrote: »
    Yes it's just the ford badge. Got a reply from a graphics company in UK that make gel ones but am not totally sure what they are as opposed to proper carbon fibre ones. Will give eBay a trawl through again, thank for the reply
    i might be wrong but aside some luxo cars think most badges are either some metal with chrome coating, or plastic mold.

gel ones means theres resin pour on top and it has some flex but as application goes it would survive most harsh car-washes and general look for good few years.

scamalert wrote: »
    i might be wrong but aside some luxo cars think most badges are either some metal with chrome coating, or plastic mold.

gel ones means theres resin pour on top and it has some flex but as application goes it would survive most harsh car-washes and general look for good few years.

Yes you're right most normal badges are that way but I was looking for a carbon fibre one for my brother but i'll have to get it custom made. It won't be exactly the same as the original badge but should be ok. Ah right didn't know what gel meant but that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

You could try aliexpress or dhgate to see if you could get a knockoff from China

You could try aliexpress or dhgate to see if you could get a knockoff from China

Already tried AliExpress and they only seem to have decals that go over the original badge but will check out dhgate. Will probably just end up getting normal original one but thanks 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is this a customisation thing? Sounds awful tbh.

Yes it's a customisation and not my idea lol was looking for it for a friend, wouldn't be bothered myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Just as well OP didnt ask for your opinion then tbh. And tbh your reply is a little rude to say someone else's taste is awful just because it differs to yours without being asked for an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its well known that the Ford badge on the back of the weigh massively affects the weight distribution of Transits. A carbon fibre one brings the balance back

Sarcasm so witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Car99 wrote: »
    Sarcasm so witty.

I thought it was funny!

Would the easiest thing not be to take an original badge & get a carbon effect water transfer over it?

Did not know that......very interesting actually!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its well known that the Ford badge on the back of the weigh massively affects the weight distribution of Transits. A carbon fibre one brings the balance back

Did not know that!......interesting!

guyfo wrote: »
    I thought it was funny!

Would the easiest thing not be to take an original badge & get a carbon effect water transfer over it?

Omg did I just show my ignorance?:confused:

Can get a decal or a gel overlay but its not the same as the real deal apparently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Car99 wrote: »
    Just as well OP didnt ask for your opinion then tbh. And tbh your reply is a little rude to say someone else's taste is awful just because it differs to yours without being asked for an opinion.

Well this is a discussion site after all where we are encouraged to express our opinions.

Thanks for your input.

Advertisement