Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween beer

Options
  • 29-10-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Lookin for a Halloween beer to have this Thursday.

LIDL used to be good for the english pumpkin ales but I haven’t seen anything from them this year.

Ideally the stronger the better as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just buy a strong red ale and put a stick of cinnamon in it!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Trouble Brewing are the only brewery I can think of who regularly do a pumpkin ale. I've seen a couple of bars tweeting that they had managed to get a keg, so I suspect that it's a very limited run this year and I don't know if it's also available in bottles or whether it's just kegs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's just kegs.

Mmmm kegs.

Seriously though you’d think there’d be a few bottles of something to fit the occasion going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mmmm kegs.

Seriously though you’d think there’d be a few bottles of something to fit the occasion going around.

Problem with these kind of beers is that after next weekend, no one buys them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I cleared my local shop out of some UK breweries Christmas specials - I had somehow remembered them as Wychwood/Hobgoblin but I can't find any reference to the making one last year - FOC when I pointed out they were getting quite near date and it was a gloriously warm Summer day outside. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

That’s a fair shout but a small batch of brews in Lidl or even a few expensive ones in Molloys or wherever would be nice. Checked out O’Briens earlier. Nothing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Yep, I visited Trouble Brewing in the summer about 2 years ago and they had a full pallet of last year's pumpkin brew unsold there. I had a bottle and it was grand, but they'd not have gotten away with selling it again that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Brooklyn Brewery do a pumpkin ale, very hard to find an off licence that stocks it...still wasnt as nice as trouble brewings pumpkin.

Advertisement