Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Police Check/Certificate for Visa application.

• 28-10-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Have begun the process of applying for a subclass 189 visa for myself and my family.

One of the documents required to be submitted is a police check/certificate. I will be applying to the local superintendants office for it in early 2020.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone who has gotten one of these in the past could tell me how long they usually take to come back after you apply for it.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Maybe only a few days/couple weeks. Dont get it done for your initial application. It needs to be valid within the past 6 months (I think its 6 months or something similar),anyway, by the time your visa starts getting processed the timeframe will have expired. Wait until they ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Noo wrote: »
    Maybe only a few days/couple weeks. Dont get it done for your initial application. It needs to be valid within the past 6 months (I think its 6 months or something similar),anyway, by the time your visa starts getting processed the timeframe will have expired. Wait until they ask for it.

Thank you for taking the time. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Took about 2-3 weeks for me to get it posted to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Took about 2-3 weeks for me to get it posted to Australia.

Excellent. Thank you very much.

Advertisement