Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design Build

Options
  • 28-10-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I am putting together a desktop unit..undecided whether to give it a shot myself or get someone else to do it,worried I would make a mess of it ha.

Anyway want to pin down a spec first,budget 1500eur so if any of the kind folk here have any suggestions it would be much appreciated!!

The softwares used will be mainly utilizing a single core I believe in autocad,revit,sketchup..so good clock speed is important for these. Then the balancing act comes with the vray rendering engine,so the more cores and threads you have for that the better. I've settled on the CPU below given its value and performance,just hope it's stable on the softwares I mentioned as everyone seems to point towards Intel.

In addition then you have Lumion software which runs on the GPU...not sure whether the 2060 super is overkill or not..Not really planning on doing too much gaming or adding a second GPU down the line either...

Not sure of the motherboard either,from reading this one seem decent enough for a few years to come???

Would bumping the ram up to 3600 speed make a big difference or maybe sticking on 3200 but getting CL14 version???

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/sfFCb8

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£286.10 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£67.98 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (£185.38 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£145.56 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£94.79 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£85.00 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (£381.03 @ Box Limited)
    Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case (£62.42 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair VS 450 W ATX Power Supply (£47.40 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £1355.66
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-28 14:07 GMT+0000

Comments

Advertisement