Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar/piano lessons dublin

Options
  • 25-10-2019 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Im just seeking some advice if anybody wants to share. My son has expressed an interest in learning to play guitar. My other child is very musical she had a variety of instruments which she switchs back and forth from. We had her in piano and also guitar lessons, the problem is that she finds the theory daunting, also she hated having to do 'homework' so she left lessons but still loves music. I am looking to see if there is a more intuitive/enjoyable way for them to learn, perhaps by ear or that. Foes anyone know if there are instructors out there who teach music in this way? Id really love to keep them engaged and intetested in it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BewlayBrother

BradyH wrote: »
    Hi Im just seeking some advice if anybody wants to share. My son has expressed an interest in learning to play guitar. My other child is very musical she had a variety of instruments which she switchs back and forth from. We had her in piano and also guitar lessons, the problem is that she finds the theory daunting, also she hated having to do 'homework' so she left lessons but still loves music. I am looking to see if there is a more intuitive/enjoyable way for them to learn, perhaps by ear or that. Foes anyone know if there are instructors out there who teach music in this way? Id really love to keep them engaged and intetested in it. Thanks

I would imagine there are a wide variety of teachers with different teaching styles. The more formal approach with theory etc. has its advantages but is maybe not for everyone.
    Practice is essential to improve but if you can foster a love of playing the instrument then there is no reason why practice has to become 'homework'.
    On top of that, there are so many resources now for learning an instrument. YouTube alone has an exhaustive amount of material.

I teach guitar and base lessons on what the student wants to learn.
    PM if you would like more details or to discuss further!

Advertisement