Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated Water Dublin

Options
  • 25-10-2019 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭

Hi, a quick question. The boil water notice has been lifted in Dublin. We've a pregnancy here and my wife is worried that our water tank holds contaminated water from before the notice was lifted.

Does our water tank hold water from the boil water timescale or does the cold water come straight from the mains?

Thanks a million... JR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Hi, a quick question. The boil water notice has been lifted in Dublin. We've a pregnancy here and my wife is worried that our water tank holds contaminated water from before the notice was lifted.

Does our water tank hold water from the boil water timescale or does the cold water come straight from the mains?

Thanks a million... JR.

Tanks feed the shower. Bath and toilet taps and toilet.

Not your kitchen tank. That's mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Your drinking water comes straight from supply and so hasn’t been stored, if the book notice is lifted it should be clear.

The water in the tank feeds toilets, hot water and cold taps on bathroom so you shouldn’t be drinking this anyway. It was always safe to bathe in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

listermint wrote: »

I think toilet cold taps are mains too. At least mine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

listermint wrote: »

Thanks so much. How long will it take for the tank to be clean? kids just had a bath tonight, no swallowing the water!!

John_Rambo wrote: »

Thanks a million... JR.

If you’re worried, it’s best err on the side of caution and let the taps run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

Morpork wrote: »
    I think toilet cold taps are mains too. At least mine is.

Well it shouldnt be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Some older buildings may still be on mains.
    An old house I was in recently all cold taps were mains and an apartment of 14 years old the main bathroom w.c was mains fed for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I was in a little old workman's cottage in Ringsend a few weeks ago. Everything was mains. Not cold storage tank at all. Mains shower and an under sink mains water heater. House must have been 100 years old

Advertisement