Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower emergency?

Options
  • 25-10-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

I arrived home today to find a power shower we never use, or never have used, releasing water. It is coming from the unit itself not the shower head. There is a noise coming from it, sort of whirring/buzzing.

I swithched it off at the trip board but it's still the same.

Is this anything to worry about in a hurry? Bank holiday weekend is not a good time to get somebody out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What's the make & model of the shower?

The noise is most likely the force of the water or the sound of the water moving through the pipes. If it's just running into the bath or shower tray then nothing to worry about but if it's a shower like a aquastream or hydramax then it could also be running into the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

It's a Triton AS2000X, an older model. The sound was definitely coming from the unit itself, something mechanical. I'm not much good at this kind of stuff so brother came in and removed the unit and got the water stopped.

Looking for a replacement now.

Heighway61 wrote:
    It's a Triton AS2000X, an older model. The sound was definitely coming from the unit itself, something mechanical. I'm not much good at this kind of stuff so brother came in and removed the unit and got the water stopped.

If power was off then the only thing that could have made the noise was the water.
    Heighway61 wrote:
    Looking for a replacement now.

Triton novel SR silent running thermostatic power shower is the perfect replacement. The plumber should check the original installation as showers don't just spring a leak all on their own. It's possible that the cold is fed from the mains or the shower is connected to a 2nd pump somewhere. Plumber needs to rule these things out before installing the new shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Thanks. Would that model or any model have the same pipe connection positions? Don't want to have to break tiles for new connection if I can help it.

Heighway61 wrote:
    Thanks. Would that model or any model have the same pipe connection positions? Don't want to have to break tiles for new connection if I can help it.

There are two suitable showers. Triton as2000xt and the triton novel SR. The Novel SR is the latest model & and best

• Advertisement
Advertisement