Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you meet women of Locanto?

Options
  • 25-10-2019 12:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I know Tinder is a thing but it rarely works unless you're in the top 10. Would you use those NSA sites? To be fair, I'm bisexual and to be fair, I would have more suspicions about meeting any "women" on the site than men simply because, it's much more riskier for a woman to advertise herself and I'd think any offer with a good looking woman in her 20s would be some sort of set up.

But I have heard things online from people, mainly men meeting women of craigslist and things went fine. Also not unattractive women.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You sure talk about women a lot for a lad that claims to be bi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I know Tinder is a thing but it rarely works unless you're in the top 10. Would you use those NSA sites? To be fair, I'm bisexual and to be fair, I would have more suspicions about meeting any "women" on the site than men simply because, it's much more riskier for a woman to advertise herself and I'd think any offer with a good looking woman in her 20s would be some sort of set up.

But I have heard things online from people, mainly men meeting women of craigslist and things went fine. Also not unattractive women.

Whatever about it being "riskier", the cold harsh reality is that any average-looking woman in her 20s doesn't need to "advertise herself". All she needs to do to attract male attention is to leave the house and have a pulse. Even 'though it might not be the case for much longer in this day and age.

I must have been looking in the wrong sites, because any site that claims to be for "NSA" encounters, well, the vast majority of women's profiles are fakes (you can tell from the pictures - and the fact you find the exact same "woman" on two or three websites, and she "lives" in Dublin in one, in Rome on the other, and in Chicago on the third...). Basically, a shameless scam to sell guys "premium memberships".

The few real women's profiles tend to be...professionals for hire. Which is entirely OK, don't get me wrong, but do you really need a NSA site for that?

Lastly - I admit I had to google "Locanto" up.

The fact is that internet/SM dating has fallen a long way since the early internet days. scammers, and businesses abound of all types. even when the woman is a real person, her motives are often suspect, and in all honesty, in the vast majority of cases the photos don't match the person you will meet. Beautycam, ps, and all manner of apps exist to make a woman look younger, have clearer skin, remove spots or blemishes, or simply paste their face on someone else's body. Easily done since the app does all the fine work for them. ...... But most of all, people on apps or the internet don't behave as they would in RL. It's a connection built on falsehood from day one.

I wouldn't recommend internet dating to anyone anymore. Both my own personal experiences and those of my single friends have all born negative experiences.

If you want to meet someone, just go to an appropriate venue. I've found great success at dance lessons in spite of the stereotypes, and stigma. Women of all ages go, and there's generally a lack of decent guys. Most guys are gay, too old, or awkward with women. Same with drama associations with plays being shown, and book clubs. I'm not into sports so I can't really comment, but friends have reported success at gyms if they have a reasonable body and attitude. In spite of the stigma, I'll still quite often meet women on the street, who will give a look, and I'll introduce myself in a polite/careful manner. No aggressive rubbish or other rubbish. Perfect gentleman and lead to a more private area like a cafe.

Man up. Meet women in RL. People tend to rely far too much on apps these days.

Advertisement