Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil pump

Options
  • 24-10-2019 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Can any plumber out there tell me the type of Riello oil pump I need for a firebird super q 50/90. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭jimf

depends on what burner is fitted

how do you know pump is gone

fitting a new pump interferes with the combustion of the boiler so may not be safe to operate afterwards

best advice I can give you is get somebody experienced who can do the job for you and can do a flugas analysis after to insure all is running safely

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KR30

jimf wrote: »
    depends on what burner is fitted

how do you know pump is gone

fitting a new pump interferes with the combustion of the boiler so may not be safe to operate afterwards

best advice I can give you is get somebody experienced who can do the job for you and can do a flugas analysis after to insure all is running safely

Thanks. I intend on getting someone in to do it. I want to have the part there for him. I'm not sure if it is working or not but I do know where the oil line is fed into the pump/burner is leaking. Its cross treaded from what I can make out so I presume I need a new pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KR30

KR30 wrote: »
    Thanks. I intend on getting someone in to do it. I want to have the part there for him. I'm not sure if it is working or not but I do know where the oil line is fed into the pump/burner is leaking. Its cross treaded from what I can make out so I presume I need a new pump?

I doubt if it can be re threaded

if you get somebody that's at boilers everyday they will have the parts in the van

it may just be the hose that's cross threaded

I doubt if it can be re threaded

too risky even if possible

• Advertisement
Advertisement