Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water from upstairs bathroom(hot tap)

Options
  • 23-10-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Theres no water flowing from the hot tap in the upstairs bathroom. Been going on for a while so I got some hosepipe and connected the two taps, turned on the cold and opened the hot. This seemed to work because after a few minutes I undid the rigging and there was now water coming from the hot tap. Two days later the water stopped again, so I tried the repeat the above process but this time it didnt work.
    Any suggestions as to how to solve this would be much appreciated?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭CaptainCoPilot

It does sound like an air lock.

My guess is the pressure in your cold feed in your bathroom isn't enough to clear the airlock. Connect the hot tap to a mains fed source (kitchen sink/outdoor tap) with a hose and the mains pressure should clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

It does sound like an air lock.

My guess is the pressure in your cold feed in your bathroom isn't enough to clear the airlock. Connect the hot tap to a mains fed source (kitchen sink/outdoor tap) with a hose and the mains pressure should clear it.

Good idea, I'll give it a go. Cheers

Advertisement