Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Almost nothing will launch properly/at all

• 23-10-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭

• My Xbox App doesn't go past the splash screen.
    • Forza Horizon 4 doesn't go past the Now Loading screen
    • Gears 5 doesn't load the main menu
    • WWE 2K19 doesn't load up the main menu.

I can't even begin any downloads.

I have absolutely no idea what to do here. My computer is performing fine otherwise.

My GeForce Experience drivers were up to date, and a new update came out this morning which I installed hoping it would fix it, but it's the same issue.

The games literally boot up perfectly fine, as if there's no problems. It's when I try to go into the main menus of these games they just go into an endless loading loop. No freezing or anything. I'm at my wit's end...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

OSI wrote: »
    Disk space?

Plenty of space. I have an SSD and two HDDs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Xbox app is painful for me, in settings make sure you are logged in to your xbox account.

It tells me every day to buy games when I have XGP with my xbox account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i had loads of issues iwth the Xbox app as well. I had to create a local account on my machine, log into that and install the app, then log in with my microsoft (Outlook) profile to actually login to the damn thing. Has been fine since the, but it can be a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Try opening it as admin, i find that stops dumb **** like that happening..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its been pretty seemless for me but i had an existing Xbox account which i still use from a few years ago. I wonder has that helped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• My Xbox App doesn't go past the splash screen.
    • Forza Horizon 4 doesn't go past the Now Loading screen
    • Gears 5 doesn't load the main menu
    • WWE 2K19 doesn't load up the main menu.

I can't even begin any downloads.

I have absolutely no idea what to do here. My computer is performing fine otherwise.

My GeForce Experience drivers were up to date, and a new update came out this morning which I installed hoping it would fix it, but it's the same issue.

The games literally boot up perfectly fine, as if there's no problems. It's when I try to go into the main menus of these games they just go into an endless loading loop. No freezing or anything. I'm at my wit's end...
    If you have RivaTuner running (comes bundled with MSI Afterburner) close it in the system tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I just ended up resetting my PC (I kept my personal files) and had to redownload one of the games. It seemed to have fixed it. I don't know what caused it - could've been a registry file removed by CCleaner. I really need to not use that program.

Advertisement