Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best team sport for 7 yo Corbally girl?

Options
  • 22-10-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Our daughter loves to run (and she is fast, like really-really fast) and is very competitive by here nature.

My wife and myself are not that much into sport (I liked kite-surfing for a while) but we would like to enroll here to something to occupy here energy.

Any ideas what would be good for here? We would like here to join some good team.

I am not sure if we should choose football or some Gaelic sports or hockey (not the ice one obviously).

We live in Corbally if it makes difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

asterus wrote: »
    Our daughter loves to run (and she is fast, like really-really fast) and is very competitive by here nature.

My wife and myself are not that much into sport (I liked kite-surfing for a while) but we would like to enroll here to something to occupy here energy.

Any ideas what would be good for here? We would like here to join some good team.

I am not sure if we should choose football or some Gaelic sports or hockey (not the ice one obviously).

We live in Corbally if it makes difference.

My brother has his 5 year old son down with Parteen GAA at the moment. His son loves it and so do all the other kids by all accounts. He told me that they have underage camogie teams also so that might worth checking out. They are based at the back of Westbury.

For Football(soccer) a lot of clubs have girls playing. At that age level girls and boys are mixed so she can join any of the underage clubs in the area. Corbally or Parkville(meelick) your best bet distance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Athletics?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

YFlyer wrote: »
    Athletics?

An Bru AC kids meet every Saturday at UL Track. See their FB page for deets

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Corbally United have some girls at training, playing along with the boys at that age and up until under 12/14 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

If they are going to school in scoil ide, they do after school running on Tuesdays.
    Corbally United for soccer, on main road.
    Parteen GAA, in Westbury
    Basketball in Munchins on Thursday evenings 6-7( I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Bring her out to Shannon RFC on a Sunday morning, its in Coonagh but would be the 'local' club for Corbally based on historical connections to the area.

There are 7 girls in the U8's group - they love it.

LAC have a Cheetahs group on Saturday morning at 10am in UL, great for burning off a bit of energy as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Bring her out to Shannon RFC on a Sunday morning, its in Coonagh but would be the 'local' club for Corbally based on historical connections to the area.

There are 7 girls in the U8's group - they love it.

LAC have a Cheetahs group on Saturday morning at 10am in UL, great for burning off a bit of energy as well

+1 for rugby (posted from Japan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

St. Mary’s Rugby Club in Grove Island have a minis section that trains on Sundays at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Glenomra

The camogie is booming in Clare so Parteen could be an option. If it was me I would give her an experience of a few different sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Rugby, the irish mens team are currently looking for players...you're daughter couldn't be any worse

• Advertisement
Advertisement