Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Siro 1GB BB Quality

Options
  • 22-10-2019 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I have 100mb Sky BB. I work from home on IT so Broadband is critical to me. I recently switched to Vodafone Siro as I would like the 1GB and a business account.
    After multiple failed visits a guy just showed up offering to swap my sky modem with a vodafone one. I was shocked as I had received a GB modem. He said his order was for a home modem only and effectively nothing would change.

He mentioned that Vodafone Siro is having huge problems and I would be better to stay/go to Eir/Sky (off the record). Is this the truth? what is other peoples experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Something obviously went wrong with your order. A SIRO installation would have involved a new cable being installed with some new boxes placed inside your home as below.

491435.jpg

It sounds like they could not or would not install the fibre cable then decided to switch your current broadband to Vodafone. You'd need to query with Vodafone why the installation failed.

It's unfair to say SIRO are having huge issues. There are relatively few complaints posted here about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭dam099

Something obviously went wrong with your order. A SIRO installation would have involved a new cable being installed with some new boxes placed inside your home as below.

It sounds like they could not or would not install the fibre cable then decided to switch your current broadband to Vodafone. You'd need to query with Vodafone why the installation failed.

It's unfair to say SIRO are having huge issues. There are relatively few complaints posted here about them.

It does sound like that but I'm a bit puzzled how they could swap his VDSL over, wouldn't they need a UAN/Account number for that?

I dont think you would need to supply that for SIRO as you are switching to an entirely different network and would usually be up to yourself to cancel the existing service.

Agree on SIRO not having much issues and a largely satisfied user of it myself (through Vodafone, only issues were billing related and their VOIP acting up, the broadband has been rock solid).

Main issue SIRO might be said to have is they are probably behind on their rollout schedule as originally publicised but they seem to be going slow and steady and doing it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

There is no wide scale issues with SIRO that I know of. The service is a fibre line directly into your house and is very fast and reliable.
    There are issues that can cause problems in some small areas.
    For example if one of your neighbours didn't allow SIRO to move cables through their property then they may have no financially viable way to install a fibre line to your house. This may not be the exact problem but it could be something similar.
    Airwire has got to the bottom of the problem for some people so that's an option if they serve your area with SIRO.

Just got it installed last week. Been rock solid so far. No resetting the router just constantly fast speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    Just got it installed last week. Been rock solid so far. No resetting the router just constantly fast speed.

so the shocking thing was that the Kn supplier showed up with a regular router under his arm and said he has me down to just change my sky to Vodafone regular 100mb (I'm in a city centre) even though I've received my Gigabit router in the post and every communication said Gigabit Business essentials.
    I said the only reason I'm changing is for the better speed and the exact same connection with a different provider is o difference.
    Most frustrating after changing delivery date of Work last week and waiting over 1 hour on call to put it a date I can work around with work they re changed it to today. I rang and changed it, again 45 minutes as there was No way I could drop broadband today.
    yup someone showed up anyway and put it down as a cancel for me! so I'm extremely disappointed with the service so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Time to work with a better more competent ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

tuxy wrote: »
    Time to work with a better more competent ISP.

Very few of those around :confused:
    Eir being the worst company I have ever worked with!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

WHAT is the best alternative to Vodafone 1000 Siro.

Paying €95 Euro/month for a SH ITE SERVICE from VODAFONE !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Jesper wrote:
    Very few of those around Eir being the worst company I have ever worked with!

100 percent correct,eir dire sure sure, VF too notch in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rebelArt2018

Guys, not sure if this comes handy, but always was going with big players like Vodafone before as serious discounts in place, then with Eir as they provided some free gadgets, now moved to tesco for mobile and few years back went with Digiweb for Siro as pricing is just not changing so easier to control. Anyhow I think its all about knowing what exactly you are paying for.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

amadain wrote: »
    WHAT is the best alternative to Vodafone 1000 Siro.

Paying €95 Euro/month for a SH ITE SERVICE from VODAFONE !

Happy to help if you send us a PM :)

Advertisement