Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Termistate Issues

Options
  • 21-10-2019 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I recently moved into a house that has oil heating.
    A dial termistate on the landing and one in the kitchen
    An on/off/timer switch and two switches one to turn on heating for upstairs and one for downstairs.
    House build circa 2007.
    I like the downstairs temp around 18c and upstairs around 16/17c.
    But if I set my termistate to say 18c the rads wont heat up even if it is way below 18c.
    They only seem to heat up once the termistat is on about 23c plus.
    I have mobile humidifier/temperature clocks so I know the real temp of the rooms.
    Is this a problem with termistat?
    I had this issue in previously rented house and the termistate had to be put all the way up in order for heating to come on. I dont think the heating was never serviced if they would make a dif.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Some older thermostats are not accurate. As they only act on the air temperature at the stat, put a thermometer beside the stat and compare readings on the dial to thermometer.

Advertisement