Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was out of Irish Tax System - now need Irish tax returns asap

Options
  • 20-10-2019 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,
    Hoping someone might have some solid advice:

I was completely out of the Irish Tax system since 2003, as I was living abroad in various places, mostly in Greece...doing casual work...and some graphic design work for cash. (i was not in any tax system during these years)

Last year i returned to Ireland and I registered for Irish tax through Myaccount in March 2019.
    I signed up with my pps number, and they sent me a code, since then I did not do anything else on Myaccount.. I have not received any letters, etc

(In the 6 months since i have been paid maybe 3 to 4 thousand euro for freelance graphic design work in Ireland, no more.)

Right now, i am back in Greece, and I am trying to open a bank account in Greece, and they insist on seeing an Irish tax return,
    How can I do this? And quickly?

Many thanks for any help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If I read it correctly, you came back in 2018, but did not register for/make a tax return/ pay tax in 2018, which is due end of this month.
    You registered for tax in 2019, which is not processable until early 2020
    So you need to make a 2018 return, asap, and then ask for tax clearance cert, it's an automated process.
    The tax return letter will issue in due course, on my account

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 manitari

If I read it correctly, you came back in 2018, but did not register for/make a tax return/ pay tax in 2018, which is due end of this month.
    You registered for tax in 2019, which is not processable until early 2020
    So you need to make a 2018 return, asap, and then ask for tax clearance cert, it's an automated process.
    The tax return letter will issue in due course, on my account

Thanks for your reply, i appreciate you taking the time.
    Yes, I registered with Myaccount in March 2019. Before that i was not in the irish tax system (since 2003).
    I would like to make a tax return asap, presumably for 2018?, as i urgently need some kind of tax return to show a greek bank. (i assume a tax clearance cert will suffice ).

But i was not working in 2018 in ireland...so how do i do this?

On Myaccount i simply registered in March with my pps..and I did nothing else.
    I dont know anything about tax credits, etc
    Also since March 2019 until now, i have probably only take in approx 2,500 euros in payment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is it all a cash business with no paperwork, so maybe you had 1,000 or so in 2018

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭scheister

manitari wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Hoping someone might have some solid advice:

I was completely out of the Irish Tax system since 2003, as I was living abroad in various places, mostly in Greece...doing casual work...and some graphic design work for cash. (i was not in any tax system during these years)

Last year i returned to Ireland and I registered for Irish tax through Myaccount in March 2019.
    I signed up with my pps number, and they sent me a code, since then I did not do anything else on Myaccount.. I have not received any letters, etc

(In the 6 months since i have been paid maybe 3 to 4 thousand euro for freelance graphic design work in Ireland, no more.)

Right now, i am back in Greece, and I am trying to open a bank account in Greece, and they insist on seeing an Irish tax return,
    How can I do this? And quickly?

Many thanks for any help

ring Revenue and ask them to register you for income tax for 2018 if unable to do it online yourself. it should take a day or two to activate. once done declare the €1,000 for irish tax. Once this is greater then 12% of your world wide income you should have no tax due.

Advertisement