Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Lusk

Options
  • 19-10-2019 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

While searching for a house to move, we found a "show house" in Lusk in a good price (at least compared to others).

I was told that Lusk may be a bit rough for non-Irish, and it was described as "clannish".

What is your opinion for a Greek family to move in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

Wizard! wrote: »
    Hi all,

While searching for a house to move, we found a "show house" in Lusk in a good price (at least compared to others).

I was told that Lusk may be a bit rough for non-Irish, and it was described as "clannish".

Shouldn’t be a bother. Irish and Greeks get on quite well and also a lot of new people moved into Lusk so the clannish thing doesn’t really exist. Go to the Top Shop if you want to meet the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hi all,

I'm living in Lusk about 15 years, and know people from all over the world, and Ireland, living here, no bother. (Ecuador, Venezuela, Hong Kong, France, Congo, Morocco, Italy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭GIMP

Moved to Lusk two months ago (with wife and kids), love it here people are very friendly, lots of our neighbours are from abroad, no issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

One of my daughters lives in Lusk and another is about to move there too, it's a lovely village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye Lusk is nice from all I have heard, only bugger is the limited roads getting in and out at rush hour time.

Thank you all for the suggestions. For now, we cannot move there, as none of the schools (National & ET), can accept our son in the middle of the year. So, the house we wanted, is off scope. There is another development there, and if they can deliver houses around June, July, so we can move and register him for next year, it would be great.

Thank you all for the suggestions. For now, we cannot move there, as none of the schools (National & ET), can accept our son in the middle of the year. So, the house we wanted, is off scope. There is another development there, and if they can deliver houses around June, July, so we can move and register him for next year, it would be great.

There's buses from Balbriggan and perhaps Lusk to the Gaelscoil Brian Boriomhe in Swords daily, might be worth looking at that as an option. It's a great school, all my 3 have been through it or are in the process of.

https://www.gsbb.ie

Thank you @Inquitus, however he is still senior infants, therefore he cannot go by himself. Also, we have an infant and it won't be convenient to wake both kids up, drive all the way to Swords and back, and again on the evening...

Thank you @Inquitus, however he is still senior infants, therefore he cannot go by himself. Also, we have an infant and it won't be convenient to wake both kids up, drive all the way to Swords and back, and again on the evening...

It's a School Bus FWIW, not a Dublin Bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Inquitus wrote: »
    There's buses from Balbriggan and perhaps Lusk to the Gaelscoil Brian Boriomhe in Swords daily, might be worth looking at that as an option. It's a great school, all my 3 have been through it or are in the process of.

https://www.gsbb.ie

There's School Busses from Lusk to Gaelscoil Ros Eo in Rush also. I know there's a good chance of getting a place mid year there.

Advertisement