Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas Sleeks or Adidas Stan Smiths?

Options
  • 18-10-2019 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Which shoe would you pick for wearing with dresses/skirts? Need to invest in a pair of white trainers (feet dont take to well to Pennys trainers) for outfits. I see Lifestyle are heavily advertising the Sleeks at the moment. But not sure which are nicer in appearance in comfort wise?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'd probably go for the Sleek. I do love my Stan Smiths but they can be a little bit chunky. I recently got a pair of Adidas Continental, they'd be more in line with the sleek, and I think they look well with dresses/skirts. Comfort wise I think the brand is pretty solid across the board, have never had an issue with the different styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Twee. wrote: »
    I'd probably go for the Sleek. I do love my Stan Smiths but they can be a little bit chunky. I recently got a pair of Adidas Continental, they'd be more in line with the sleek, and I think they look well with dresses/skirts. Comfort wise I think the brand is pretty solid across the board, have never had an issue with the different styles.

I have Adidas Gazelles (in pink) which I wear wtih skirts and dresses, and a brand new pair of Stan Smiths (white) that just arrived from Asos.

My issue with Adidas (and why I might send back the Stan Smiths) is that I find the back of them comes up quite high and cuts the back of my ankles if I wear them for too long. Consequently I only wear my Gazelles if I know I won't have to walk far. They look great but its a serious draw back.

From a quick google the sleeks appear to have a slightly lower back, so that would swing it for me. Am trying to make a judgement on the Stan Smiths as I don't want to keep another paid of problematic trainers!

Advertisement