Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ross to Waterford Greenway

Options
  • 18-10-2019 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭

Has the mooted greenway between NR and Waterford died? Thought it was to take about 2 years to complete but I haven't seen any activity on it since I heard that early this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

From RTE a few days ago:

Initial work on Wexford greenway to begin
     http://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/1011/1082605-south-east-greenway/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Yeh thought it was going to happen instantly. Bit of patience no

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MillyD123

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

That is good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JacquelineR

I see they are still working away on this and hoping it will be on time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Thanks for the update. What's the expected completion/opening date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Apparently on target for completion in late 2021.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

This might sound ridiculous, but I still think a railway from Waterford to new Ross would be used considering how many people have to travel from new Ross to Waterford for work etc. At least the greenway will preserve the railway alignment if they ever wanted to bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I still think a railway from Waterford to new Ross would be used considering how many people have to travel from new Ross to Waterford for work etc.

I don't think it would work when you consider where the railway station is in Waterford. No matter where you worked, you'd still have a fair trek after getting off the train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

This might sound ridiculous, but I still think a railway from Waterford to new Ross would be used considering how many people have to travel from new Ross to Waterford for work etc. At least the greenway will preserve the railway alignment if they ever wanted to bring it back.

Unlikely. The Rosslare to Waterford line was a bigger loss considering how many used it on a daily basis for traveling from Wexford to WIT.

• Advertisement

Passed through New Ross for the first time in about a year last weekend. Looks like great progress on the greenway? I could see work underway all the way to Glenmore. Looking forward to it being completed. What's the estimate of completion in terms of timeline?

Tumbleweed in terms of interest I see......surprisingly because this looks like a great project and could transform the town in the same way as Dungarvan. Surprised there's not more interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Blame it on the new look Boards - nobody can find anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Is the Greenway still going ahead? I've heard nothing about it in a long time so presumed the whole idea was scrapped like most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

It sure is. While non-essential construction was stopped, it was at a halt but I believe it resumed like clearance work after that.

http://southeastgreenway.net/

Advertisement