Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser post baby

Options
  • 18-10-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently on maternity leave and my husband is working all the hours possible (including Saturdays)

It’s been impossible to get a hair appointment.
    We recently moved to county Wicklow and I don’t know anyone or any nearby hairdressers.
    Even if I did - I would have my baby with me.

Am I missing a trick here?
    How do new mothers get their hair done ?
    Do they all have someone to mind the baby?

Does anyone know of any hairdresser that could call to my house ?
    Willing to pay whatever it costs.

Living close to Roundwood in co. Wicklow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi, I am currently on maternity leave and my husband is working all the hours possible (including Saturdays)

It’s been impossible to get a hair appointment.
    We recently moved to county Wicklow and I don’t know anyone or any nearby hairdressers.
    Even if I did - I would have my baby with me.

Am I missing a trick here?
    How do new mothers get their hair done ?
    Do they all have someone to mind the baby?

Does anyone know of any hairdresser that could call to my house ?
    Willing to pay whatever it costs.

Living close to Roundwood in co. Wicklow.

You could bring your baby with you. Lots of mothers done that when I used to work in a salon.
    Or alternatively alot of salons open later on Thursdays and Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It's probably why I only get my hair done a handful of times a year!

I would suggest making enquiries locally if there's someone who does hair from their own home. ie a room in their house, a shed out the back etc. Often people who do hairdressing from their own house have kids themselves and this is why they are working from home so they mightn't mind you bringing along your own. Also they tend to be a bit more flexible about an appointment time that suits you both.

Otherwise I think some Peter Marks hairdressers open on a Sunday.

Advertisement