Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy tall planting pots

Options
  • 17-10-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know where to buy tall/deep pots? I see some plants can be bought in them but I don't see them anywhere online or in local garden centres.

About 30cm deep is ideal - I am using them to grow acorns - their tap roots like to go deep and regular stumpy pots usually result in spiraling roots. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Any garden centre, or the likes of Woodies or Homebase would usually have a huge selection of pots, although maybe more so in spring/summer than now.

I've also got lovely big outdoor pots in Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,081 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I suspect the OP is looking for the plastic pots like the ones roses are sold in, tall and narrow. Most people who are into gardening would have a stash of them and be glad to pass them on. I had loads till I did a clear out before I moved.

Alternatively if you had some wavin pipe that you could stand lengths of in a reasonably permanent spot that would do. Say roughly what area you are in and I'd bet you will get offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭taxusbaccata

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Any garden centre, or the likes of Woodies or Homebase would usually have a huge selection of pots, although maybe more so in spring/summer than now.

I've also got lovely big outdoor pots in Dunnes Stores.

Went to a few over the weekend and they had none... They told me to look online.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭taxusbaccata

looksee wrote: »
    I suspect the OP is looking for the plastic pots like the ones roses are sold in, tall and narrow. Most people who are into gardening would have a stash of them and be glad to pass them on. I had loads till I did a clear out before I moved.

Alternatively if you had some wavin pipe that you could stand lengths of in a reasonably permanent spot that would do. Say roughly what area you are in and I'd bet you will get offers :)

Yes that is what I'm looking for looksee... the name for many is Rose pots as rose plants have deep roots also - Ill look online for that term and see what I can get thanks for the help. I'm in Mayo.

Advertisement