Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upgrading Skoda head unit

Options
  • 17-10-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anything that's relatively straight swap for the columbus system in a skoda superb mkII?
    I was hoping something would use existing microphone connections and steering wheel controls, not too bothered with voice control, on screen graphics like the air con inputs or reversing graphic or compatable with the multi dot display and skoda voice control. Just something that's a simple swap, no splicing cables and about 100 different adapters that don't fit!

Requirements for the head unit is bluetooth and android auto something under about €300. Its something I hate doing, last car I had I swear I had about 30 different cable sections and various adapters and I'd no fúcking idea what they were! Eventually got it working but no steering wheel controls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Would you try getting another Columbus, assuming your one is busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Would you try getting another Columbus, assuming your one is busted.

Mine is fine, it's an old model 3T0 035 680 (no letter after it) but works perfectly. Reason for the upgrade is it had the old crappy bluetooth module for RSAP phones. I upgraded that and now I have bluetooth but it's ****! Only the speakers on the right work with streaming audio, there's a fix but I can't be arsed doing it (splicing cables, making up plugs etc) and still left with a really slow starting dated unit. It has GPS which maps are out of date, but I wouldn't use anything but google maps anyway. I don't use radio on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not to hijack this but can you straight swap for the higher spec radios?

Advertisement