Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Toll M50

• 14-10-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ micko38

Hi all I recently went though M50 on ZV plates and amount has not been taken from my account as I have car registered with e flow Does the toll not recognize Zv plates ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ Testacalda

I have one of ZV registration cars registered with elfow. Any time I go through the M50 toll with it, it always comes up on my account details, same as any other modern car that I also have on the same account

Is it newly registered by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭ Thinkingaboutit

Testacalda wrote: »
    I have one of ZV registration cars registered with elfow. Any time I go through the M50 toll with it, it always comes up on my account details, same as any other modern car that I also have on the same account

Is it newly registered by any chance

I've had one of the windscreen things fitted for years, no problems. I suppose checking with them to see the car is properly registered with them, might be an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭ mustang68

micko38 wrote: »
    Hi all I recently went though M50 on ZV plates and amount has not been taken from my account as I have car registered with e flow Does the toll not recognize Zv plates ?

Think that the cameras are configured for black on white euro plates, if you have a different colour/font/surround I've noticed that it can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭ antodeco

mustang68 wrote: »
    Think that the cameras are configured for black on white euro plates, if you have a different colour/font/surround I've noticed that it can be hit and miss.

So just get rid of the tag and hope for best :pac::pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭ Type 17

I've got Ace plates (silver on black, with raised, triangular-profile characters, so relatively hard for a machine to read from an angle above) with a ZV reg, and always get charged - the car is registered with the M50 toll crowd, but I don't have a tag, as it only goes through once or twice a year (it's always worth registering an occasionally-used classic, as I'd forget to pay afterwards, because I so seldom need to do it).

• Advertisement
Advertisement