Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGM of Company

• 14-10-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Is anyone going to EGM at the end of the month. Seems like short notice and is the meeting just to present the reports that were listed in the meeting description? Or is there other business to be completed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

And then there was an Assembly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's just to sign off on the accounts. They weren't signed off at the AGM so SI can't get their tax clearance cert to get a permit for the 12 days raffle. There's no other business at it afaik.

That is what I figured but it would be great if this explained clearly to all groups.

Do you not get the mailings from SI? It was clearly explained to all scouters not just groups.

https://www.scouts.ie/pdfJS/pdfViewer.aspx?n=/Scouter/Board%20Communications/BOD-OUT-60-2019-Board-Update-9-October-2019.pdf

The offical notice was sent to all GLs on the 8th as well - it's up to your GL to pass that on not SI.

Orion, your original reply referred to the EGM. Apparently most groups agreed with your opinion that the EGM was just a formality.

Your second response relates to the Assembly. Yes, I get the mailings from SI same as everybody else. I had not looked closely at the details about the assembly. Thanks for pointing it out.. *€65 per person* for an update on transition and some sales pitches???

• Advertisement

It wasn't just a formality after all. They didn't get a quorum as not enough groups sent representatives. So the accounts still aren't signed off.

And yes I agree - 65 a night for the assembly is crazy. And will only put people off going. Groups don't have the money and why should I or my group pay for this. I know some of the workshops will be interesting - a friend is running one of them - but this should be a HQ funded event to ensure enough people go to make it worthwhile.

Don't know if you heard but the Assembly is now one day only and free.

Yes, saw that. See if I can get a day pass from home first.

Advertisement