Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car parking

• 13-10-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,
    just wondering if there are any free car parking in Sligo or in areas from which I could easily reach the center by foot.
    If not, is there any chance to make a kind of "pass" to save money on parking?
    Is every parking free after 6pm?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Accross from Bruss in Finisklin there are a few free spaces but the charge once you get near the railway bridge. The glasshouse and the quayside have monthly and yearly passes. Free parking tends to be a good bit out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's a place near TDs pub. 3 quid a day. I think they do a 5 day discount.
    I often use it if I'm in town for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Cleveragh Car Park, Doorly Park, both less than 10 mins walk.
    Lidl on that side, while strictly for customers is free, and is never full so I doubt there'd be much of an issue.
    Forthill I believe is free once you get towards the Medical Centre.
    Sumerhill car park is free also, if you don't need to arrive or leave around school times I'm sure you'll get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Also Porters yard car park (Off market yard, beside Central Garage)
    It's not free but cheaper than on street parking.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tonyckenzie

Is there any management application to be able to park the car safely and conveniently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Is there any management application to be able to park the car safely and conveniently?

https://www.sligococo.ie/parking/PayforParking/

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tonyckenzie

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Hi BronsonTB,
    Thanks for your sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Also parking is free on Sundays.

There is also parking in the IT which is not far from town. This should be quiet till Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

rizzodun wrote: »
    Cleveragh Car Park, Doorly Park, both less than 10 mins walk.
    Lidl on that side, while strictly for customers is free, and is never full so I doubt there'd be much of an issue.
    Forthill I believe is free once you get towards the Medical Centre.
    Sumerhill car park is free also, if you don't need to arrive or leave around school times I'm sure you'll get a place.

I wouldn't park outside a house on Forthill unless you are visiting somebody, people can get really annoyed if there is nowhere to park when they arrive home with Granny, the messages etc.

Advertisement