Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi's mudguards

Options
  • 12-10-2019 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Today I bought Aldi's mudguards for my Giant ATX 2 bike, and when I fitted the front mudguard, it didn't look right to me.

IMG-20191012-185822.jpg

Can you please tell me if this is the correct way to install the front mudguard? The front of the mudguard doesn't look to be set up correctly as it's far from the wheel, but again I'm new to cycling and never installed mudguards before.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Looks backwards to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

banie01 wrote: »
    Looks backwards to me?

Agree. Spin it around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

banie01 wrote: »
    Looks backwards to me?

I think that it's not backwards as the longest part is the back. :confused::confused:

Here is another photo

IMG-20191012-185852.jpg

I just tried to fit it the other way around but it didn't fit.

I spent some time trying to figure out what's wrong and my conclusion is that this front mudguard doesn't fit my bike due to its shape as you can see in this picture

ATX%202%2027.5_Color%20A_Blue.jpg

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Think I’d heat it with a hairdryer and bend it down so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

[quotes="Amouar;111493786"]Hi,

Today I bought Aldi's mudguards for my Giant ATX 2 bike, and when I fitted the front mudguard, it didn't look right to me.

IMG-20191012-185822.jpg

Can you please tell me if this is the correct way to install the front mudguard? The front of the mudguard doesn't look to be set up correctly as it's far from the wheel, but again I'm new to cycling and never installed mudguards before.

Thanks[/quote]
    Radical. Go with it

Advertisement