Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonlighting last 3 years - Will my real job find out?

Options
  • 11-10-2019 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going anonymous for this & changing details to preserve my anonymity.

I was working for a small retailer on minimum wage, when I got my current job. Lets call it the 'real' job. It's got a salary & I'm happy with it, settling in nicely after 3 years into a respected role.

However, when i joined I realized I needed cash, so I kept up the small retailer job. Owner is a mate, I can come & clock in, & give a dig-out in my own time. Nobody in my real job knows that I've been going in the odd weekday after work hours to clock in and it's giving me about €80 a week extra.

Fraud & dishonesty & false declarations of any kind by the employee about their employment is an example of gross misconduct in my real job.

In addition I must notify the Company on commencement of employment and during the course of my employment (I didnt) if you hold paid employment with any other business. The aggregate of working hours will be considered by the Company when ensuring
    compliance with the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997.

Where the aggregate ofhours results in a breach of the Act, I will be required to reduce your hours of work or terminate your employment with the other company/business. Failure to do so may leave the Company with no other option, but to take corrective action, up to and including dismissal.

Now that I'm comfortable I want to leave the old small job.

But will the HR or finances department realize from any tax or revenue statements?
    Tagged:

Advertisement