Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house: leak, pipes, electricity ?

Options
  • 11-10-2019 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello Everyone,

We’re considering moving house. It is very early to survey or have a builder look at it but the house that we are hoping to buy has a small but significant leak in the master bedroom and the floor of the hot press is stained from water leakage. We cant get any answers as it is a bank sale.

The house was built in 2004. The property agent claims the house has been empty since 2016 but believe it may be more. Since its been empty the water, electricity and everything has been cut off from the house for safety reasons. Should I be worried about the pipes and wiring when I start the house back up? The property agent says its not an old house so everything should be okay but it is a risk I will be taking.

Please let me know what you think or how you would deal with this? Any help, insight and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Photo below is of leak in master bedroom ceiling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Hello Everyone,

We’re considering moving house. It is very early to survey or have a builder look at it but the house that we are hoping to buy has a small but significant leak in the master bedroom and the floor of the hot press is stained from water leakage. We cant get any answers as it is a bank sale.

The house was built in 2004. The property agent claims the house has been empty since 2016 but believe it may be more. Since its been empty the water, electricity and everything has been cut off from the house for safety reasons. Should I be worried about the pipes and wiring when I start the house back up? The property agent says its not an old house so everything should be okay but it is a risk I will be taking.

Please let me know what you think or how you would deal with this? Any help, insight and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Photo below is of leak in master bedroom ceiling

Doesn’t look anything major tbh.
    Don’t forget when you looking for reconnection to the electricity supply you will require a certificate from a registered electrical contractor and you will need a new mprn from esb networks.it will be the same for gas networks. Any issues will have to be resolved before certificates are issued. this may be costly so factor it into equation

Advertisement