Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre clearance

Options
  • 11-10-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Quick question if anyone can answer. Treks 2017 1.2 has 25c tyres, will 28c tyres fit this bike? I was thinking of putting 28c gatorskin or schwalbe marathons on it. Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

according to an evans employee,answering a question on this link, it should be able to go up to 28:
    https://www.evanscycles.com/en-ie/trek-1-2-c-h2-2017-road-bike-EV286637

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

I have an old (2010) trek 1.5 with 28C marathons on it. Fits fine but you have to deflate the tyre to get past the brake calipers which is a pain. Not sure if the clearance was reduced after that however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Ferris wrote: »
    I have an old (2010) trek 1.5 with 28C marathons on it. Fits fine but you have to deflate the tyre to get past the brake calipers which is a pain. Not sure if the clearance was reduced after that however.

That’s great news, I’ll give the 28s a go then. Cheers

Advertisement