Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPF gone wrong warning to others

• 10-10-2019 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I won’t name the company directly here but let’s call them "clueless detailing" based north of county Dublin. After a few months I noticed the PPF was starting to lift on multiple panels. As I travel between Ireland & the UK I took the car into a well known PPF accredited installer in west London. They confirmed the installation was very poor, main issue is the film was stretched during the installation & wasn’t correctly lubricated during the install. They also told me there is a high risk now that the paint could lift when they try to remove it.

I haven’t gone back to the original installer after hearing this I wouldn’t let them touch the car again.

Heads up to anyone that’s thinking about having PPF installed on their car, make sure you get the right people to do it as I’m now left with a major headache.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Was it a recognised PPF brand? Most of these would have a warranty attached? Could it be possible that they may offer some rectifying/replacement work to the PPF?

I understand not wishing to go back to the installer, but perhaps informing him about the inadequate install could help him on future installs and save this happening to more clients?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭doh1988

Sorry to hear that!

I would definitely be making contact with the original installer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

I am thinking of wrapping my car that will be delivered Tue 5th November and wondering if someone has any recommendation regarding PPF detailers, preferably South Dublin.

Also would be recommended to install just after collection I guess?

TIA

Advertisement