Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cheapish earphones

Options
  • 10-10-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of head phones or earphones that are really loud but won’t break the bank and where I can get them.
    I use the luas everyday and do a lot of walking to the site I work on and could do with a really decent pair of headphones or earphones. Really loud preferably as I love my loud music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of head phones or earphones that are really loud but won’t break the bank and where I can get them.
    I use the luas everyday and do a lot of walking to the site I work on and could do with a really decent pair of headphones or earphones. Really loud preferably as I love my loud music.

I'm a fan of IEMs (In Ear Monitor) for this kind of thing. You'll get good sound isolation with the right sized tips (they usually come with a few options and one will probably do the job) and they won't break the bank. I think you get better audio quality-to-price ratios than the cans, but other people might disagree. Currently using the Tin Audio T2's and am happy with them. You'll get them from Aliexpress for about €40, or try eBay for a more local seller.

Loudness will probably be more dependant on you phone/audio player, but you won't need the same volume if you have good sound isolation.

Cheap and good are two words that don't go together. Save a bit of money up and buy a decent pair. My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Do you realize OP that playing music 'really loud' with headphones is very bad for your hearing. I have a friend not yet in his 50's who only used to listen to music with his walkman using the included earbuds and he now has an implant under his skull so he can hear.

If you want to block out ambient noise you could invest in a pair of noise cancelling headphones although the really effective ones are expensive. That way you don't have to turn the volume up to much and can in fact listen comfortably without negative effect.

Alternatively I suggest in-ear type earbuds. Those block out ambient sound because the tips go right in your ear canal and again you don't have to turn the volume up to loud. For an ever better seal you can get foam tips to replace the plastic ones you usually get that expand in you canal for an even better fit and seal.

Advertisement