Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Elite 500 hybrid :pls help me choose racks and mudguards

Options
  • 10-10-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

After considering many options in the last few days, I've decided to buy the following ebike:https://www.cube.eu/en/2020/e-bikes/mountainbike/hardtail/elite-hybrid/cube-elite-hybrid-c62-race-625-29-greynorange-2020/

Now I'm trying to find mudguards and rear rack that are compatible with this bicycle.
    I'm not an expert, but concerning the rear rack, my understanding is that standard rear racks need two holes for each side to mount correctly.
    One near the cogset, which the Cube ebike seems to have and the other one on the seat stay near the seat tube. But I cannot see any hole there.
    What kind of rack can I mount?

And any suggestion for the type of mudguards I could mount?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you're looking for a rack and mudguards, that suggests you're looking for a bike for commuting on or similar.
    that bike is not designed for commuting on, and probably lacks the mount points. a rack would look bizarre on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

if you're looking for a rack and mudguards, that suggests you're looking for a bike for commuting on or similar.
    that bike is not designed for commuting on, and probably lacks the mount points. a rack would look bizarre on it anyway.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Basically I've chosen a bicycle that could sustain any kind of 'commuting' roads comfortably. Yes the the bicycle will be used for commuting on asphalted road.
    But in the past I've done that with road bicycle or even commuting hybrid bicycle.

But the thing is: there are some nasty holes and bumps on the road. On one occasion I even damaged one wheel. Of course that might be due to my poor driving skills and maybe the cheaply built bicycle. But commuting every day, for peace of mind, I'd like to drive something that's built to comfortably deal with this.

For other bicycle of the same kind tbh I've found racks and mudguards mounted like this one:
    https://www.greenaer.ie/product/haibike-trekking-9-0/

I believe Cube makes also the racks for the bike I've chosen (there's a range to choose from on their website), but the issue is just my ignorance that I don't know which one is the right one.

The gearing on that Cube is not for suitable commuting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

The gearing on that Cube is not for suitable commuting at all.

Curious but how did you come to that conclusion? I commute 20km every day on mountain bike with similar gearing and no issues.

It's a 10-50 cassette with 38 up front, fairly significant range of gears available, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

spupazza wrote: »

I believe Cube makes also the racks for the bike I've chosen (there's a range to choose from on their website), but the issue is just my ignorance that I don't know which one is the right one.

Any chance you can pop into a cube dealer, there are plenty around Ireland. They could order in the required rack for you. Also the rack could dictate the type of mudguard that fits. I use top peak mudguard which I bought from chainreaction cycles online.

• Advertisement

Curious but how did you come to that conclusion? I commute 20km every day on mountain bike with similar gearing and no issues.

It's a 10-50 cassette with 38 up front, fairly significant range of gears available, no?

Ignore me , I was looking at something else entirely :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

For mudguards you are looking for the Cubeguard Performace 29" series
    https://www.bike-discount.de/en/search?q=Cubeguard+Performance+29%22

These are the recommended mudguards and as they are fork and seatpost mounted respectively I dont think the bike will have traditional mounting points for a rear rack.

Advertisement