Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stripped screw/plug holes in drywall

Options
  • 10-10-2019 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

look at this image: https://i.imgur.com/9hjVuCr.png

this is one of the holes of a towel holder in a bathroom in our house.

it looks like those very big and coarse-threaded drywall plugs or something, but the whole is done. how do i go about fixing it?

i mean the chance of me finding a towel-holder with that exact same with than the already installed screws is small, so when i get another towel-holder i'll just use the other, intact, screw and do a new hole for the second one, but how would i go about fixing this busted hole?

/edit:

i've seen many videos about drywall-repair by now cutting the whole thing out, putting a plank behind it and then fitting a drywall piece on top of that etc.), but none for holes this small.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Just remove the screw, tidy up the hole with a utility knife and use a proprietary filler. Fill it in two or three stages and smooth it out using fine sandpaper. That’s what I would do but perhaps others have a better suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Clean edges with a Stanley, pack in some crumpled newspaper for backing and fill it a few times finishing with a finishing plaster.

If it's really small you could just fill it without the backing.

Advertisement