Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy wide pint glasses?

Options
  • 10-10-2019 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭

So, have 10 or so Budweiser pint glasses, but they're a bit too high (16.5cm) in the dishwasher, and thus keep getting knocked over when closing the dishwasher drawer. I have another glass, that is a bit wider, but not as high (15cm). According to the faint markings on the glass, it came from an "All Ireland Craft BeerFest" many years ago. This is a picture I've found of that sort of glass.

So I'm wondering if anyone would know where I could buy such glasses, so that they would fit in the dishwasher better?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It's called a "shaker" pint or an American pint glass, if that's any help. Depending on how many you want you could probably convince a craft beer pub to sell you a few. Galway Bay bars will have a good few of them normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

Just nick em from the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 68,496 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nisbets. These are 15.1cm but they have a wider range at 16cm

https://www.nisbets.ie/arcoroc-nonic-nucleated-beer-glasses-570ml-ce-marked/d940

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    It's called a "shaker" pint or an American pint glass
    Nah, that's not a shaker. Shakers have a thick base, and you wouldn't get away serving US pints at the RDS. I think Festival was the glass supplier for the RDS (it'll say on the glass), making that a Festival 20oz Conical. They only sell to the trade, AFAIK, though you might find one in a gift pack or the like.

If it were me, I'd just go to the homewares section with a ruler. There'll be something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

the_syco wrote: »
    So, have 10 or so Budweiser pint glasses, but they're a bit too high (16.5cm) in the dishwasher, and thus keep getting knocked over when closing the dishwasher drawer. I have another glass, that is a bit wider, but not as high (15cm). According to the faint markings on the glass, it came from an "All Ireland Craft BeerFest" many years ago. This is a picture I've found of that sort of glass.

So I'm wondering if anyone would know where I could buy such glasses, so that they would fit in the dishwasher better?

A lot of the time you can actually adjust the slide out part of your dishwasher up and down to accommodate taller items, a lot of people don't know this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Alkers wrote: »
    A lot of the time you can actually adjust the slide out part of your dishwasher up and down to accommodate taller items, a lot of people don't know this.

Or just wash it by hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,496 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Or just wash it by hand...

The glasses I have that can't go in the dishwasher don't get used. Too much effort

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Alkers wrote: »
    The part that hits off the glasses is the section where the forks & knives go, and that can't go up any higher. Should I put the section that the glasses go onto any lower, it'd hit off plates that are in the lower section. Thus the only option left is to change glass sizes.

Advertisement