Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Power Supply for a RTX 2060

Options
  • 09-10-2019 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Thinking of upgrading my graphics card ahead of the new Call of Duty coming out.

Currently running a GTX 970 and just isn't cutting it anymore. Would like to upgrade to a RTX 2060.

My only concern is that I'm running a 750w power supply with a i7 processor. Just wondering will this be enough power for that type of graphics card?

Nothing is currently overclocked and don't plan on overclocking in the future either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Power supply will be fine as long as it's from a reliable brand. What PSU is it exactly? 2060 uses less power than a 970.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

No. You would ideally need 1500w. Just kidding. Your current setup would draw about 280w and the 2060 would use even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Just to give you an idea - I run a 3700X & a 5700 XT on a 450W power supply, even though a 600W one is what's listed for the 5700 XT. See some numbers in the post below:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111187958&postcount=3938

Power supply requirements are massively overblown, it's likely a hangover from the days of power hungry components and crappy no-name PSUs.

You should be able to run 2 RTX 2060s along with any i7 on a 750W PSU just fine, maybe even 3 should you want. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Thanks guys for the replies.

Just asking as a I had a pre built PC before and upgraded the graphics card and blew the PSU along with the all the fuse downstairs in my house. Would like to try avoid doing that again.

Currently have a Corsair 750w PSU. Decided to go with the best after that

Advertisement