Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosport

Options
  • 09-10-2019 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Is something up with this at the moment ?

Went to the app, was told it is no longer compatible with device, upgrade didn't work so uninstalled it, went looking in play store but don't see anything familiar.

Can't access it through the browser either which usually works

Comments

It got a facelift across all platforms yesterday. Working fine on mobile (Android 9) Xbox and PC for me (Opera and Chrome browsers). I did however have to log in again first time I used it on those.

What happens when you access it on the browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Im having the same problem

Hmmm very strange, they seem to have pulled it from the play store. I was only looking at it there earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

It got a facelift across all platforms yesterday. Working fine on mobile (Android 9) Xbox and PC for me (Opera and Chrome browsers). I did however have to log in again first time I used it on those.

What happens when you access it on the browser?

Earlier on there was a server problem. Will try again later.

Can't find the player . Lots of eurosport apps but not the player. Running Android 5.1.1

I have it installed since yesterday and if I go into the recently updated apps on the play store on the phone I can see it but if I click into it for it's store listing and details it says item not found.

I'd say the problem you encountered with updating it was the reason they pulled it from the store.

• Advertisement

You're probably right. I'm a bit worried about my Android version too and the message I saw about it not been supported.

Working fine on browser (chrome) again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Just tried the updated app on iPhone, works ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

You're probably right. I'm a bit worried about my Android version too and the message I saw about it not been supported.

It's a very old version alright. Is that your phone or an Android box?

I opened the app today (Android 9.0) to watch the last 10km of Milan Torino and all I had to do was enter log in details again.

Haven't tried on Chrome yet. Better check now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It worked on my Android today, no bother.

Back listed on the store now

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eurosport.player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Yes mine is working now

Was communicating with them through their FB page:

"Thank you for coming back to me, Paul. I regret to inform you that the new app is supported on Android devices with OS 7.0.0 and above. More information on supported devices can be found here: https://bit.ly/2OyXDoY
    It is still possible to enjoy the Player through your web browser.
    If you have further questions, please let me know!"

Support devices link:

https://help.eurosport.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009615660-Supported-devices

Just like that they upgrade their app and I've lost the ability to watch on the move and conveniently cast

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

What's the app like? Was going to buy it as it seems reasonably priced, but all the reviews on the play store say that it's garbage?

Fine for me for the most part, occasionally get stuttering but 99% of the time it's great.

If subbing purely for the cycling it's better to wait a few months until the new season begins as theres only 2 major races left this weekend. Seriously good value though for the amount of racing they cover. Could be an idea to take the 1 month sub and see what you think and cancel it to stop it renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Look out for deals on Black Friday - I got an annual pass for €10 last year and €5 the year before!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

Was communicating with them through their FB page:

"Thank you for coming back to me, Paul. I regret to inform you that the new app is supported on Android devices with OS 7.0.0 and above. More information on supported devices can be found here: https://bit.ly/2OyXDoY
    It is still possible to enjoy the Player through your web browser.
    If you have further questions, please let me know!"

Support devices link:

https://help.eurosport.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009615660-Supported-devices

Just like that they upgrade their app and I've lost the ability to watch on the move and conveniently cast

Opposite happened to me!! Always worked well on the phone but I have a generic Android box and the old app didn't work on the Android box. So had to cast to TV from phone
    New app works perfectly on the generic box! 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭Macy0161

First go of the new version on my Fire TV Stick for this mornings turbo (good to see Dan come into form!). No issues, but then I rarely did on the Fire TV anyway. Fast forwarding through the adverts as handy, as it no longer scrolls through on screen, but apart from that all ok.

Advertisement