Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power2Max Intermittent Power Dropout

Options
  • 09-10-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Have had a P2M power meter since 2013 which has been very reliable. Of late though, I've noticed intermittent power dropouts which last a few seconds.

The attached strava image shows a turbo based workout where after a warmup, a 30 minute interval was done. Every 2 minutes, there was s spin up of a few seconds which accounts for the spikes going up.

However towards the end of the interval the power dropped to 0 four times and it wasn't me taking the foot of the gas. This is something i have noticed outdoors too.

The head unit seems to allow for it and the average power is not affected (I see the 3s power go right down), however when uploaded to strava, the lap shows average power a couple of watts below the unit.

Has anyone else experienced these type of power dropouts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wait until some of this bloody rain goes away and do and outdoor ride in the middle of nowhere. See if it drops out.

If its fine outdoors and crap at home then interference is your issue. Both ANT and BTLE use the same spectrum which is also shared but loads of other devices. That was fine in 2001 when we were less "connected" but now the band is destroyed by massive use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

The turbo session was outdoors and in the rain. It was well away from everything apart from my phone which just had mobile data switched on.

Read up elsewhere and will check battery is good and tight.

Advertisement