Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different stove fitted

Options
  • 09-10-2019 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Recently purchased a stove from a recommended showroom but I wasn’t actually there when it was installed. I paid in full before it got installed as I was away. Now that I’m back I realise the stove I purchased Hota ARES 5kw is actually a Vitae V2 6kw stove. It looks great and I’m sure it’s going to work great but haven’t used it yet as I’m a bit worried I should not light it if I was given a different stove to what was on the invoice? Haven’t heard from the shop I purchased or installed it either since it got installed...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Contact the installer/shop and ask what are they going to do as you ordered X and got Y, it's up to them to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Nickers wrote: »
    Recently purchased a stove from a recommended showroom but I wasn’t actually there when it was installed. I paid in full before it got installed as I was away. Now that I’m back I realise the stove I purchased Hota ARES 5kw is actually a Vitae V2 6kw stove. It looks great and I’m sure it’s going to work great but haven’t used it yet as I’m a bit worried I should not light it if I was given a different stove to what was on the invoice? Haven’t heard from the shop I purchased or installed it either since it got installed...

You may have a better stove now but you may not have a warranty with it.
    ring them and let them know you are not happy even if you are happy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nickers

Thanks, I did actually receive a warranty with the instruction pack but my original invoice states it’s a Hota Ares So yeah the warranty may not be valid if I’ve to submit the original receipt. The stove looks lovely and I think I’d like to keep it and it looks like it was fitted great etc. But I haven’t used it yet and didn’t get a demonstration on how to use it (as I was away) so I haven’t even tested it yet. I think I will just present myself back to them in person rather than ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nickers wrote: »
    Thanks, I did actually receive a warranty with the instruction pack but my original invoice states it’s a Hota Ares So yeah the warranty may not be valid if I’ve to submit the original receipt. The stove looks lovely and I think I’d like to keep it and it looks like it was fitted great etc. But I haven’t used it yet and didn’t get a demonstration on how to use it (as I was away) so I haven’t even tested it yet. I think I will just present myself back to them in person rather than ring them.

If you want to keep the stove then it sounds like for a resolution you should ask the shop to give you a receipt for it so the warranty will be honoured. I'd imagine the shop would much prefer that solution too rather than having to pay the cost of dragging the current stove out and installing the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Best notify the shop. It will most likely be cheaper for them to leave you with the one installed even if it's a more expensive one. If you are happy with this then get them to amend the invoice for the warranty. If you are not happy with this then you can insist on the correct one being installed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement