Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to buy a new bicycle - looking for a bargain

Options
  • 08-10-2019 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi guys, are you aware of any really good deal on bicycles? I have the voucher for the scheme bike4work. Initially I was to buy an electric bicycle from Eurocycles, but yesterday I called since the bike was due on arrival since a week and the manager told me that model is not available and doesn't know when it'll be.

Ideally I'm looking for an electric bicycle. If single speed even better.
    It should come with mudguards, or at least it should be possible to mount them.
    Ideally it should have tires as much puncture resistant as possible.
    As far as I understood there's a thing called 'speedbox' which would allow to be assisted with the electric engine even at 40kmh speed.
    I'll be using for commuting to work between Swords and the city center and it would be nice to go faster on certain long straight sections of the road between Swords and the airport.
    I'm available to spend up to 2500 euro if it's a very good deal for a good quality bicycle.
    I'm 90kg and so the bicycle has to be sturdy.

As said I'm mostly looking for an electric bicycle, but at this point I'm considering also buying a normal bicycle (again possibly single-speed) if matches the requirements above (mudguards and big puncture-resistant tires) and it's quite fast.
    For a non-electric bicycle I'm available to spend about 1000 euros.

I'd really appreciate if anybody can help me here, the more I look into bicycles and models the more I get lost and confused. I'm asking here help 'cause I'm looking for genuinely unbiased advice (which I'm not sure I would get on a shop).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭C3PO

Never heard of an electric single-speed? Also can't imagine that a single speed (even an electric one) could do 40 km/hr and still be able to start from traffic lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

C3PO wrote: »
    Never heard of an electric single-speed? Also can't imagine that a single speed (even an electric one) could do 40 km/hr and still be able to start from traffic lights?

So far I've found this one (thanks to another user) that is sold in Ireland:
    https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/gtech-sport-electric-hybrid-bike-20-frame

Also I've should have been clearer about the speed: I don't need a bicycle that'll reach the 40kmh with just the engine.
    I need a bicycle whose engine doesn't stop when the bicycle reaches the 25kmh.
    I'll be always cycling, I just need the electrical assistance to keep going even after 25kmh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

locking thread - you're looking for a motorbike, not a bicycle. your parameters mean what you are looking for is legally not a bicycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement