Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFK duty free - any value on spirits?

Options
  • 07-10-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,581 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

A relative of mine will be passing through JFK. They are happy to get me a bottle in airport but are clueless about whiskey.

Any boardsies fly through recently?
    Is there any value e.g. how much for a 1 litre Jameson?

I can see prices online for Dublin airport, but for JFK no luck on duty free prices.

I know they could get duty free on the way out but they're not keen on bringing bottle back in their luggage as they're going on a shopping spree there in Macys.

Aer Lingus in flight shopping has 50cl Jameson for €12 so at €24 for 1 litre that's a bit cheaper than here but not significantly so.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

AFAICR, the Duty free is only marginally cheaper than buying in Walmart/Kmart/Target, but that in itself is substantially cheaper than buying here. 1L for about $15

Advertisement