Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor heating: laminate flooring installed over tiles

Options
  • 06-10-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a house and upon closer inspection noticed that the laminate flooring that is installed in half the ground floor seems to have been installed on top of the original tiles.

I am wondering what kind of an impact that would have on the efficiency of the underfloor heating in that part of it. Would it a total disaster or something that one could live with?

The heating bills (gas) seem within the low/normal range for that size of house but it could also be that the owners didn't mind a cold house.

I imagine you could pull out the laminate floor and the tiles under but I am not sure it is the kind of job I would want to commit to too quickly after buying the house.

Advertisement