Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner app shutter sound?

Options
  • 06-10-2019 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭

I use Scanbot for scanning and cropping book chapters for note taking.
    Works great apart from 1 issue, the shutter sound.
    Contacted Scanbot support and they say the app uses the system sound and volume.
    So if the system volume is muted or there is no shutter sound in place, the app stays silent.

Thing is, none of the other camera apps I use trigger any sound.
    Any idea on what file I can edit or delete to knock the shutter sound on the head?
    Can be quite disruptive to have a shutter sound blaring across the library :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

banie01 wrote: »
    Thing is, none of the other camera apps I use trigger any sound.

What phone? Some parts of the world have laws about this.

Is your phone rooted, you can probably use tasker to mute the system sounds when this app is open

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭banie01

What phone? Some parts of the world have laws about this.

Is your phone rooted, you can probably use tasker to mute the system sounds when this app is open

Xiaomi mi8, rooted and yeah I'm aware some jurisdictions require camera sounds but none of the other apps call for the sound and it's quite loud.
    Will give tasker a try.

Advertisement