Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe mode - incorrect password

Options
  • 05-10-2019 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I need to boot into safe mode to do some maintenance but every time I do I geta a message that the password is incorrect. I've even changed my password just in case but still get the same problem? Any ideas of what I can do, I've googled it but can't find a working solution. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Use On Screen Keyboard to verify you type password correctly or remove password altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Type your password into the username box. Have seen cases where the keyboard language switches to the US, and certain special characters get changed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

It would work on domain PC alright.

But isn't it on home PC's you only get list of users that are there(local user account), with account names ready (no option to type)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,301 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Got numbers in the password? Check the Num Lock is on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭mossie

I got it in the end. For some reason the current password didn't work but a previous one did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement