Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Old Suvic to Climote

Options
  • 05-10-2019 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I am trying to install a Climote that a mate of mind gave away and plan to start a subscription once installed. Basically all i wanted is something basic to control things remotely.

But I naively thought it would be a simple change of wires from the old programmer to the Climote.

The old programmer is a Sunvic 207 XLS and the wiring is like sosunvic.PNG

and the climote is like so
    climote.PNG

So the sunvic for HW off or CH off the live current switchs to the off terminals.

But for the Climote it appears to switch off the live is cut from the on terminals.

Will it work if i just switch wiring from 1 in the sunvic to 1 in the climote and 2 to 2 and so on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

I would imagine you had no wires attached to 1,2 on the Sunvic.

So now the old 4 terminal wire now goes to 3
    and old terminal 3 now goes to 4.

1,2,L all looped together like the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

whizbang wrote: »
    I would imagine you had no wires attached to 1,2 on the Sunvic.

So now the old 4 terminal wire now goes to 3
    and old terminal 3 now goes to 4.

1,2,L all looped together like the picture.

I think is an Y plan system, which i believe a live has to go the off for the boiler to go off, it cant just be cut from the on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

In a Y plan its the same, except you will have a wire for Hot Water "off" also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

DGOBS wrote: »
    In a Y plan its the same, except you will have a wire for Hot Water "off" also

Yup understand that but on the climote diagram on "On" it's looks to me there's a live current passing through He and on and off. Is that right?

Advertisement