Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravity/Tank fed shower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Earendil wrote:
    Lads, could anyone tell me if this is a gravity/tank fed shower please?

It's not just mains fed. It's a British mains fed & comes with no Irish warranty. There is a code inside that identifys it as a UK or Irish shower. Only Irish triton showers have Irish warranty. Many showers bought in B&q, homebase, argus and screwfix are UK models and have no warranty

You are limited if styles & colours for Pumped electric (tank fed) showers. The problematic mira Elite Qt comes in brittle white. The tr t900pi comes in white. The Triton T90sr silent comes in white and satin. This is the most reliable Pumped element shower and the quietest. You can expect to pay an e 100 euro for the Satin version

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Thanks very much Sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's not just mains fed. It's a British mains fed & comes with no Irish warranty. There is a code inside that identifys it as a UK or Irish shower. Only Irish triton showers have Irish warranty. Many showers bought in B&q, homebase, argus and screwfix are UK models and have no warranty

You are limited if styles & colours for Pumped electric (tank fed) showers. The problematic mira Elite Qt comes in brittle white. The tr t900pi comes in white. The Triton T90sr silent comes in white and satin. This is the most reliable Pumped element shower and the quietest. You can expect to pay an e 100 euro for the Satin version

Just got the SR. It's a stark difference to my old t90.

In terms of sound.

Can't be sure but does feel the pressure is less. But that could be on my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Surely you can return it to the retailer and demand the warranty process is invoked the same as any other online purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Surely you can return it to the retailer and demand the warranty process is invoked the same as any other online purchase?

I'd presume brexit with standing he warranty would have to be covered under EU regs

• Advertisement

Mango Joe wrote: »

You are not entitled to any warranty. Most UK showers only come with one year while in Ireland we have at least two years. A warranty is offered on top of your statuary rights. We have wonderful consumer rights in Ireland however you might have to take a day or two off work to attend the SCC to get a partial refund of 100/150 & I think it costs 40/50 to open a SCC case. It's a hallow victory for most people. SCC doesn't handle products bought outside of Ireland .Even if the retailer is agreeable to a possible repair or replacement you will have to take the shower off the wall & post it back. Or bring it back to a physical shop. Then then have to return it to the manufacturer to test that the shower is faulty. You could be weeks without a shower. As mentioned above if UK crash out of EU they are exempt from any EU laws.

It is far simpler to buy a shower here in Ireland & have Triton/Mira/Aqualisa have an engineer at your door within a few days if it fails imo

listermint wrote: »
    Can't be sure but does feel the pressure is less. But that could be on my head.

Most likely your last shower was 8.5KW & the T90SR is 9KW so performance should be slightly better.

Advertisement