Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on ONT/GPON Huawei HG8010H

Options
  • 05-10-2019 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Unfortunately for me KN install my ONT (Huawei HG8010H) in the worst place possible in the house (kitchen)...

I was wondering, is the fiber port on the HG8010H is just a single mode LC fiber optic ?

If so, can I move the ONT using a LC Female to LC Female adaptor at the current location with my Ubiquiti FC-SM-200 Single-Mode (Six-Strand) LC Fiber Cable ?

I would have dream to bypass the Huawei HG8010H with my own hardware as I'm setting up a fiber optical network at home anyway but I know it's not possible (keep hopping I'm wrong though, otherwise I'd love to get a Ubiquity ufiber-olt-4 to add to my fiber network using single mode SPF and edge switch.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

It is an SC/APC connector. The fibre is single mode. As you said it's not currently possible to replace the ONT.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

It is an SC/APC connector. The fibre is single mode. As you said it's not currently possible to replace the ONT.

Thank you for your reply, but I'll be able to connect the existing cable using a sc apc connector to lc/upc adaptor then and move the ONT somewhere else inside the house right?

UPDATE : or I guess I can get a SC/APC female / mal cord path otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

kevincork wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply, but I'll be able to connect the existing cable from the ONT to a new cable using SC/APC to SC/APC Simplex Single Mode Fibre Optic Adapter (found out AC to LC adaptor don't really exist...)

Yes you should be able to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

Yes you should be able to move it.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

There is actually a coupler inside the cradle you can just buy a longer SC APC fibre cable and run it yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement