Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower with weak water flow

Options
  • 05-10-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I recently moved into an apartment and I have a shower which connects to the bath tabs via a diverter valve. The water flow from the taps is quite strong but the flow coming out the showe head is quite weak. I replaced the exisitng old showe head with a new one but has made no difference. Is there anything else I could do, would replacing the hose make a difference ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The devirter might not be lett as much water through as it should. Shower hose could be damaged inside & restricting the water. Some cheap bath hoses have half the size opening inside the hose. Again this will restrict the flow

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

Would it be a big job to replace the diverter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Would it be a big job to replace the diverter ?

Trying to source the correct one could be impossible. If you don't know make & model I don't think you'd have any chance. You could take photos of the mixer set & email trade counters and plumbers in the hope someone recognises it. Try post a photo here & someone might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Try changing the hose, they come in different sizes and can affect the flow.

The only trouble diverters give if they dont open fully, some water will then will pass through the tap spout.

If your bathroom is upstairs and your water storage tank is in the attic above, then the head of pressure is not very much which would result in mediocre gravity shower pressure.

You may have to consider some form of boosting system or a pump if you want more pressure.

8mm_10mm_11mm_Bore_Shower_Hose_Byretech_dims.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Just to add to my last post above.
    I just realised you said you live in an apartment, do you have a water pressure boosting pump in beside the hot water cylinder that might not be switched on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement